Terms and Conditions
Course places are booked on a first come first served basis.
Each course is structured for a minimum of 2 students. Follies reserve the right to cancel any of their courses if low numbers are booked on or to change to another location if required. You will be offered a refund in full or the opportunity to take a space on a future session.
Spaces on courses that are cancelled due to non-attendance by the trainee are not refundable.
Deposits for courses paid are transferable as per our full terms but are non refundable.
Any of the courses can be run on a one-to-one basis with an additional fee. Please ask for further details if you would like this option.
There is a £20 admin charge for changing of training dates this must be done 21 days before the course is due to commence.
In the unlikely event that a course needs to be cancelled by us you will be given a new course date or a refund in full.
In the unlikely event of cancellation due to illness, weather or force majeure Follies will offer full refunds but cannot be responsible for any other out of pocket expenses.
On line training
Once the on line training is booked and paid for it is non refundable
If the web site is not accessible for a period of 30 days or more within the forest year of purchase then a full refund will be issued
If you have any questions about any courses then please telephone us on 01474 812524
Terms and Conditions- Business
Conditions of Business
- Promoters shall ensure that the venue for this engagement has all appropriate licences and permissions in place for the acts booked.
- We would ask that you please sign and return one copy of the booking form together with any asked for deposit. Or email us a purchase order with full details and requirements. Unless written objection is received within 7 days of the date of the agreement, the booking will be treated as confirmed and will be subject to cancellation fees as set out below.
- Cancellation fees – These will be charged at our discretion dependant upon the reasons for cancellation.
7 days in advance of booking 100% of fee
14 days in advance of booking 75% of fee
21 days in advance of booking 50% of fee
28 days in advance of booking 25% of fee
- We agree to provide all necessary public liability cover- copies of which are available on request.
- Any repeat engagements for this act/ presentation shall be directed through Follies, within a 36-month period from the date of this engagement.
- All payments are due on the date of the performance unless agreed otherwise, in which case payments will become due on the date specified on the invoice. Late payments will be subject to interest charged at 5% monthly and collection fees.
- We ask that the booker provide us with as much information. Venue address, telephone contact details, as much information as possible to assist the artiste on the day.
- Should inclement weather or other circumstances, beyond the artistes control prevent the artiste from presenting their act on the day, then the fee will still be payable provided the artiste attend at the venue.
- We agree to provide tables and chairs if requested in advance– and request some form of cover for the artistes, however it must be noted that gazebos are suitable for light showers and sun only any high winds heavy rain or inclement weather we will need to be placed under suitable cover to carry out the presentations offered.
FOLLIES ACADEMY AND TRAINING SCHOOL and The Living Art Show PRIVACY NOTICE
Introduction & Our Details
For data protection purposes, LIZ BYLETT trading as Follies Face and Body Art, The Living Art Show and the Follies Academy is the ‘data controller’ of the personal data that you give us.
Our address is: Follies Meopham Court, Meopham Kent DA130AA
Our contact details are: email@example.com
Our Commitment to You
We are committed to protecting your privacy and to complying with the data protection /GDPR laws in the UK. In consequence, we collect the minimum amount of information about you that is commensurate with providing you with a satisfactory service.
What is the purpose and legal basis for us to collect and process your personal data?
We need to identify our customers to enable us to deliver to you the services that you buy from us and to provide you with any follow-up that is required. We also have to retain records of all our transactions for tax and accounting reasons.
We may also collect and use your name and email address for marketing purposes when you freely give us your consent via email, our website or social media.
What personal data will be collected and processed?
Depending on the type of transaction you enter into, this may include your name, address, telephone number, email address or photographs and videos.
How will we collect, store and use your personal data?
We may collect your data by you providing it directly to us (for example by filling in forms on our site or by sending us emails). Personal data of customers will be stored electronically (in a password-protected file) and on paper (booking forms). This data will be used to deliver the services that you buy from us and to provide any follow-up that is required.
In addition, as long as you freely give us your consent, we will send you (by post/email/text/social media) newsletters and information concerning our products and activities including special offers and details of new services. This data will be stored and processed by a GDPR-compliant data processor (eg Mailchimp).
How will we use photographs and videos?
We will only take and hold photographs or videos after gaining your explicit verbal permission. Photos and videos may be used for marketing, advertising, social media, website or magazine, competition or other contest entries, or any manner as we require and in any such format or media as we choose. The name of the model will not be released nor published in any manner unless agreed in writing.
Who has access to your personal data?
Access is given to our own team, all of whom are subject to confidentiality obligations, for purposes specified in this notice. If we wish to process your personal data for purposes other than those specified in this notice, we will notify you with relevant information and, if necessary, seek your consent.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We need to keep customer details for at least 6 full tax years under current UK tax laws. After that, until you ask us in writing to delete your personal data, we will keep it to enable us to contact you as mentioned earlier in this notice.
What are your rights?
You have the right to:
- ask us in writing for details of the personal data that we hold on you
- require us to rectify any errors
- have your personal data deleted if there is no reason for its continued storage and processing
- lodge a complaint about the data controller with the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office).
- Further details about your rights under data protection legislation can be found on the ICO’s website at https://ico.org.uk/.
Your internet browser has the in-built facility for storing small files- “cookies” – that hold information which allows a website to recognise your account. Our website takes advantage of this facility to enhance your experience. You have the ability to prevent your computer from accepting cookies but, if you do, certain functionality on the website may be impaired.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Any changes to this Notice will be placed here and will supersede this version. We will take reasonable steps to draw your attention to any major changes in our policy. However, to be on the safe side, we suggest that you read this document each time you use the website to ensure that it still meets with your approval.
How to Contact Us